Foundation / Corporation
First Peoples' Cultural Council (FPCC) and BC Arts Council (BCAC)
09/30/19 Postmarked or delivered
Grants of up to $12,000 to British Columbia First Nations, Indigenous artists, nonprofit aboriginal arts and cultural organizations, and collectives for traditionally based art projects. Funding is intended for projects that contribute to artistic, professional, and creative development in all disciplines, and to the vitality of traditionally-based art practices and related knowledge.
Sharing Traditional Arts Across Generations is meant to:
- Enhance traditional arts activities in all disciplines
- Increase training and participation of artists
- Advance the work of Aboriginal artists practicing traditional art forms in all disciplines
- Support the transfer of artistic knowledge and skills between generations
- Enhance the network of artists practicing traditional art forms in all disciplines
To be eligible, projects must:
- Demonstrate commitment to the development and practice of traditional arts and artists (this must be evident in their written mandate and previous activities)
- Have a clear objective focused on sharing knowledge and skills related to a traditional art form in any discipline (visual arts, song and music, dance and story)
- Demonstrate the input and direction of the senior artist/mentor(s) involved in the project
- Bring together three or more people from more than one generation
- Have a start date after the application deadline
Note: Priority will be given to projects that extend beyond one family and invite community participation.
Eligible expenses include:
- Artist/mentors’ short-term living expenses during the project
- Mentor assistant’s fees
- Costs associated with materials and supplies
- Project related travel and some administrative expenses artist/mentors’ short-term living expenses during the project, mentor assistant’s fees, cost associated with materials and supplies, project related travel, and some administrative expenses.
GrantWatch ID#: 140375
Grants for Sharing Traditional Arts Across Generations projects will not exceed $12,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or deliver application packages to:
Arts Program Staff
First Peoples’ Cultural Council
1A Boat Ramp Road
Brentwood Bay, B.C., V8M 1N9
For more information, please contact:
Nikki Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 250-652-5952 Ext. 212
Fax (250) 652-5953
Canada: British Columbia