Foundation / Corporation
First Peoples' Cultural Council (FPCC) and BC Arts Council (BCAC)
09/30/19 - Postmarked or delivered
Grants of up to $20,000 to British Columbia First Nations, nonprofit aboriginal arts and cultural organizations, and collectives for arts workshops and renovations of arts and cultural facilities. Funding is intended for minor capital renovations and improvements of community land-based Indigenous arts and culture workspaces. Funding is also intended for workshops focused on the transmission of arts skills and knowledge in all artistic disciplines.
Projects must be initiated and directed by Indigenous artists, arts and culture organizations or established unincorporated Indigenous arts collectives.
Through the Community Land-Based Arts program, communities will have the opportunity to create shared art spaces, which will:
- Increase accessibility for artists to practice art in their community
- Facilitate new groups and collectives coming together
- Increase the capacity for arts organizations and collectives to serve their communities
- Increase training and participation of artists
- Support the transfer of artistic knowledge and skills between generations
Eligible expenses include:
Small capital renovation costs and minor repairs, for example:
- Fixing drywall
- Roof repair (not replacement)
- Art supplies
GrantWatch ID#: 140376
Grants for Community Land Based Arts projects will not exceed $20,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information please contact:
Anna Huard: email@example.com
Phone: 250-652-5952 ext. 265
Arts Program Staff
First Peoples’ Cultural Council
1A Boat Ramp Road
Brentwood Bay, B.C., V8M 1N9
Fax (250) 652-5953
Canada: British Columbia