Foundation / Corporation
Shuswap Community Foundation (SCF)
Grants to Shuswap area, British Columbia nonprofit organizations and charities for community benefit projects. A letter of intent is required before submitting an application. Projects must align with the following areas of focus: arts and cultural activities, education, environment, animal welfare, health and wellness, safety, heritage (land or buildings of historic or environmental significance), and social programs (including target areas from the Vital Signs Report: Belonging and Leadership, Gap Between Rich and Poor, Housing, and Work ).
GrantWatch ID#: 145775
1. For your project to qualify for a grant, your Society must:
- Operate within the boundaries of the Shuswap area of the Columbia Shuswap Regional District.
- Be a registered charity (i.e., have a CRA number: BN---- -----RR000--)
- A non- profit group seeking funding without a registered charity number can only apply through a Registered Charity with which they have a formalized partnership (Project Partnership Agreement), a history of collaboration, and a similar mission and vision. The grant application must be submitted by the Registered Charity.
2. Your project must contribute to the well-being of residents of the Shuswap in the project areas specified in Description above.
3. The Foundation will not support projects of a partisan, religious or political nature.
4. The Foundation does not normally fund ongoing operations. Grants are intended to be one time and should support projects that can be completed and evaluated within a reasonable period. For capital projects, the Foundation reserves the right to approve the project, but not advance funds until invoices are received and confirmation of other funding sources has been received.
5. The Foundation will not fund projects already underway.
6. Grant funds may not be used to retire debt.
An email or Letter of Intent to apply for funding is required before submitting an application. Please complete the simple online Letter of Intent form before December 31st (Spring Cycle) or May 15th (Summer Cycle).
A completed grant application form should be posted online no later than January 31st (Spring Cycle) or June 15th (Summer Cycle).
Grants will be disbursed in August for the June 15 grant intake deadline. Grants will be disbursed in March for the January 31st grant intake deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete the LOI online:
Register and complete the full application online:
Shuswap Community Foundation
450 Lakeshore DR NE
Salmon Arm BC V1E 4N7
Canada: British Columbia