Foundation / Corporation
Foundation of Greater Montreal (FGM)
Grants of up to $15,000 to Greater Montreal, Quebec nonprofits for programs that improve the quality of life of children. Projects must address one of the following areas of impact: school success, healthy environment, food security, mental health, and non-violence. Eligible activities will involve children ages 0 to 17 years old in observation, design, and/or project implementation.
The FGM intends to address major issues in Greater Montréal by focusing on the following objectives:
- Zero Hunger: The FGM aims to support activities related to food security
- Good Health and Well-Being: The FGM aims to support activities related to children's mental health and especially anxiety
- Quality Education: The FGM aims to support activities that promote academic success
- Sustainable Cities and Communities: The FGM aims to support activities promoting a healthy environment
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions: The FGM aims to support activities that promote inclusion and non-violence
GrantWatch ID#: 152904
Up to $15,000.
The grant must be allocated to the specific activity for which it is requested over a period of one year or less.
- Requests must be submitted by a charitable organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency for at least two years and that operates in Greater Montréal
- Ensure children’s participation (0-17 years) in the project (observation and/or design and/or implementation)
- Focus on one or more of the issues identified by the FGM
- Demonstrate that the activity will benefit communities within the Greater Montréal area, including the Island of Montréal, Laval, Longueuil, North Shore and South Shore
- Organizations that received a grant from FGM during the previous year must file the required report before another application is considered.
- Latest Financial Statements must present no more than a 10% deficit
Please note that the following activities are not eligible for funding:
- Fundraising activities and financing campaigns
- Capital investment projects
- Activities of a religious or political nature
Application dates: From December 4, 2018 to January 29, 2019. The FGM will announce the grant recipients in April 2019.
Submit no more than one application per organization.
- The applying organization must match the requested grant with in-kind or cash contributions equal to 25% of the value of the grant (for example, an applicant requesting a $15,000 grant would be required to contribute $3,750. Cash contributions may come from other funding sources; in-kind contributions may include volunteer hours or other resources that are not covered by the requested grant)
Areas of Interest (major issues identified by the FGM): https://www.fgmtl.org/en/subventions_enjeux.php#food
How-to video on presenting a request: https://www.fgmtl.org/videos/aide_subvention/Capsule-EN.mp4
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit your grant request, please use the online form by following this link:
For more information about this program, please contact:
Ms. Nicole Blouin, Project Manager – Community Engagement
514 866-0808 ext. 114, email@example.com
Greater Montréal area, including the Island of Montréal, Laval, Longueuil, North Shore, and South Shore