Foundation / Corporation
Assiniboine Credit Union (ACU)
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Manitoba organizations for projects and programs in the areas of community enterprise, environment, and social inclusion. Funding is intended to support activities related to strategic planning, professional training, the purchase of equipment, and public relations materials.
The Assiniboine Credit Union invests in organizations working in the following areas:
- Community Inclusion - Organizations working to increase the social and economic participation of marginalized members of the community such as Indigenous people, newcomers, disadvantaged women or youth and people living with disabilities.
- Environmental sustainability - Organizations working to create positive solutions to environmental concerns.
- Community Enterprise Development - Cooperatives and social enterprises (revenue-generating businesses owned/operated by non-profits primarily for the purpose of achieving social, economic, cultural or environmental goals).
The ACU provides Community Grants for projects such as:
- Equipment. Examples include upgraded computers, office furniture, and secure storage facilities.
- Planning. Examples include strategic plans, feasibility plans, and community consultations.
- Public awareness. Examples include website redesign, video production, and information and display materials.
- Professional development. Examples include leadership training, staff and board retreats, and attendance at conferences and workshops.
Assiniboine Credit Union is proud to support the core activities of a number of important nonprofit organizations who work in areas that align with their values. The ACU also welcomes local groups to apply to their Community Grants program, which was created specifically to help nonprofit organizations and social enterprises become more sustainable.
GrantWatch ID#: 156673
Grant range: $500 to $5,000.
Eligible Applicants: Nonprofit organizations, associations, societies, charities, cooperatives, and social enterprises with missions and values consistent with the Assiniboine Credit Union.
With limited funding available, the ACU gives preference to active ACU members and smaller community organizations that don't have substantial operating budgets or many other sources of funding.
The ACU does not provide community grants for:
- Individuals or private businesses
- Ongoing programs
- Political parties and affiliated activities
- Religious activities
- Organizations working outside of Manitoba
- Health care organizations
- Competitive sports organizations
Upcoming Application Deadline: November 1, 2018.
Application and Selection Process:
- The ACU accepts applications twice a year; the 2018 application deadlines are May 1, 2018, and November 1, 2018.
- Applications must be typed and submitted on the 2018 Sustainable Organization Grant Application Form (see Supporting Documents below).
- Applications are assessed and approved by the Grants Committee, primarily for their contribution towards strengthening organizations working in the ACU's focus areas.
- Applicants can expect to receive notification within 6 weeks of the application deadline.
Applicant organizations can apply for up to 75% of their project's costs.
Limitations and Conditions:
- Only one Sustainable Organization Grant per year per organization is permitted.
- Organizations that received funding in prior years must submit a report before being considered for another grant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Nan Colledge, Community Grants Coordinator
Assiniboine Credit Union
6th Floor, 200 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1A8
For postal mail:
Assiniboine Credit Union
200 Main Street
Box 2, Station Main
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2G1