Foundation / Corporation
Access Copyright Foundation (ACF)
11/01/18 Postmarked or delivered by date, or emailed by 11:59 PM CST
Grants of up to $7,500 to Canada writing, publishing, and visual arts organizations and groups of professional visual artists and writers to display publishable works or host professional development opportunities for arts professionals. Funding is intended to promote the development and public appreciation of Canadian publishing, literary and visual arts.
Events must celebrate and present Canadian content in a public context, or provide opportunities for learning, career advancement or creative discourse in publishing, writing or visual arts.
ACF Events grants may be allocated toward the following kinds of activities:
- Symposia, conferences and conventions hosted that are consistent with the stated purpose of the program
- Workshops, lectures, facilitated retreats and seminars presented by and for professional artists, writers, publishers or arts professionals
- Annual general meetings with professional development, creative discourse or career advancement components
- Readings series, festivals, exhibitions and other public events showcasing Canadian writers or visual artists and their work
- Book awards ceremonies and associated programs (event costs only)
- Readings, panels, presentations, performances or lectures by Canadian writers, visual artists or publishing professionals as public components of conferences, symposia or professional development programs hosted by academic institutions.
The following expenses are eligible for ACF funding:
- Honoraria and fees for invited speakers, presenters, facilitators and event planners
- Travel and accommodation for invited speakers, presenters and facilitators
- Meeting room and public venue rental
- Audio-visual equipment rental
- Production of conference materials such as participant packages,
papers and handouts
- Promotion: advertising; production and distribution of promotional materials
- Documentation of event: videography, photography, catalogues, compilations for web or print publication
GrantWatch ID#: 160355
Organizations and artists groups may apply for up to 50% of eligible project expenses to a maximum of $7,500.
Funded projects must be completed no later than one year after their start date.
Publishing, writing and visual arts organizations located in Canada that:
- Are legally registered in Canada as non-profit organizations
- Provide advocacy, research, promotion, public education, professional development and other support services to Canadian publishers, writers or visual artists or
- Have a program mandate that is based on the interests of Canadian publishers, writers or visual artists
- Have been in continuous operation for at least one year prior to the date of application and have provided services or presented programs with Canadian content throughout that period
- Have presented events, festivals or readings series to the public featuring Canadian literary or visual artists and content for at least one year prior to the date of application.
Informal collectives or small groups of professional writers or visual artists that:
- Have a mandate to provide mutual support, critique, discourse, professional or skills development
- Have a minimum of five active members
- Have met or have convened online at least bi-monthly for one year prior to the date of application.
- Festivals and readings series with annual operating budgets over $500,000
- Academic institutions hosting scholarly events not open to the public or to professional artists and writers
- Recipients of an Access Copyright Foundation grant with an outstanding final report.
- Events held prior to September 1, 2018 or after the end of the stated project term
- Writer or artist retreats without a facilitated professional or skills development component
- Annual general meetings or conferences without eligible program components
- Readings, presentations, performances or lectures hosted by academic institutions with admission restricted to faculty or students
- Courses, workshops, seminars, retreats or studio programs offered as part of regular programming of recognized educational institutions, publishing or arts administration programs, arts service or training organizations
- In-house training, meetings or events for employees of an arts organization or publisher
- Fundraising events
- Events which do not pay honoraria, speakers fees or travel expenses to presenters
- Events with eligible expenses fully supported by grants from other funding agencies.
- Administration, planning, operational and staff costs of host organization
- Presenters’ honoraria or speaking fees for employees of host organization
- Presenters’ honoraria or workshop fees for members of host artist group
- Subsidies or bursaries toward participants’ travel, accommodation or registration fees
- Meals, catering and refreshment costs
- Prizes, cash awards or gifts
- Equipment purchase, capital costs
- Expenses covered by sponsors or grants from funding agencies.
Contact the Saskatchewan Arts Board’s Program Consultant before the deadline to discuss application and program requirements.
Deadline: November 1
Applications must be delivered or postmarked by the deadline date. Email submissions must be received by 11:59 pm C.S.T. on the deadline date.
Please allow two weeks after the deadline date to receive notification of the Arts Board’s receipt of your application and to contact the Program Consultant.
The Access Copyright Foundation will notify applicants of grant decisions by letter within 90 days of the grant deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send the application by mail or courier to:
Access Copyright Foundation Events Grants
c/o Saskatchewan Arts Board
201 Avenue B South
Saskatoon, SK S7M 1M3
Or email the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon