Foundation / Corporation
Carolyn Sifton Foundation
Grants to Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Brockville, Ontario charitable organizations for projects to help at-risk youth reach their potential. An LOI must be submitted by July 31, 2018. Funding may be used for projects in education, arts and culture, healthcare, and social services. Eligible projects are those designed to assist young people who do not have the same opportunities due to social or economic circumstances, as other youth, to develop to their fullest potential.
In general, the Foundation prefers to fund specific projects, preferably pilot projects or new initiatives; these could include capital items as well as operating costs.
Projects should have explicitly measurable outcomes that support and further the Foundation's mission statement.
GrantWatch ID#: 172509
Multiple-year grants are considered, but not exceeding three years.
The Foundation will accept proposals only from charitable organizations in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Brockville, Ontario.
Generally, the Foundation will decline requests to support the following:
- Grants to individuals
- Organizations not recognized as charities by Canada Revenue Agency
- Capital acquisitions, unless they are an integral part of a special project that the Foundation supports
- Conferences and travel
- Publications, films, videos, and CDs
- Deficits in operating budgets
The Carolyn Sifton Foundation has a two-step application procedure, beginning with a two-page letter of inquiry, which should contain the following:
- A brief description of the project and purpose for which funding is sought.
- A brief description of the organization's history, objectives, and activities.
- A brief budget and timeline for the project.
If the project falls within the Foundation's guidelines and the Foundation has the capacity to consider the proposal, the grant seeker, will be asked to provide a full, written proposal.
- Letters of intent: January 31, July 31
- Full proposals: March 31, September 15
The Foundation favors challenge or matching grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Graeme D. Sifton
P.O. Box 37
Winnipeg, MB and Brockville, ON
Canada: Manitoba Ontario