Foundation / Corporation
10/01/18 Midnight Receipt
Grants to USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico nonprofit organizations for programs and services in multiple states and provinces that will benefit children, youth, and local communities. Funding is intended for initiatives that will empower young people and have a significant and measurable impact on residents.
Funding is intended for communities in which Nordstrom stores operate - select states in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada. See Additional Eligibility for store locator details.
GrantWatch ID#: 174062
To be eligible for a Nordstrom-directed cash grant, your organization must:
- Qualify for nonprofit status under the Internal Revenue Service code or Canadian Revenue Agency
- Benefit a local community served by Nordstrom (view Store Locator online: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/stores)
- Demonstrate sound and responsible financial policies and management
- Demonstrate the requested funds will support a program or service not readily available elsewhere
Nonprofits in the following states and provinces are eligible:
Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; Nevada; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; Wisconsin; the USA territory of Puerto Rico, and the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario.
- Auctions, raffles or opportunity drawings
- Individual primary or secondary schools
- Unrestricted operating funds
- Individual scholarships or funds for individuals
- Projects of a political nature, including lobbying
- Pageants or talent competitions
- Political organizations (candidates or parties, committees or legislation)
- Religious organizations serving only those with like beliefs
- Places of worship such as churches, synagogues or temples
- Special occasion, goodwill or program advertising
- Loans or investments
- Professional or amateur team sponsorship (including sports) or fundraising competitions (including athletic fundraising events)
- Social clubs, including sororities or fraternities
- Production of films, videotapes, recordings, publications or displays
- Merchandise promotions
- Conferences or conventions
- Organizations with a written policy of discrimination against any person or group based on sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis
Nordstrom contributions are determined on an annual basis. All requests must be received by midnight on October 1 for the following year. In January, the Foundation will notify all organizations of the status of their requests.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Washington, Oregon and Alaska:
Anne Nordstrom Gittinger
1617 6th Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98101-1742
All other States, Puerto Rico and Canada:
1700 7th Avenue, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98101-4407
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; Nevada; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; Wisconsin
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Ontario