Government of Alberta - Alberta Historical Resources Foundation (AHRF)
Grants of up to $15,000 to Alberta nonprofits, individuals, corporations, churches, municipalities, schools, and educational institutions, First Nations, and Metis settlements for the preservation and interpretation of the Province’s history. Applicants should contact program staff before preparing an application. Funding is intended for a variety of initiatives that preserve, interpret, promote awareness, produce new understanding or add to the knowledge base of Alberta’s history. Projects must have substantial Alberta heritage content and will be assessed for their ability to interpret and promote Alberta’s heritage.
Eligible Projects and Expenses:
- Design, fabrication and installation of heritage markers, plaques, cairns, monuments, interpretive displays
- Production of multimedia or participatory projects that will promote awareness of Alberta’s history, such as historical videos, broadcasts, walking tours, plays and heritage component of websites.
-Delivery of public educational programs that will increase knowledge and understanding of Alberta’s history.
- Professional development opportunities within the field of heritage preservation such as attendance at workshops, seminars or conferences relating to the preservation and interpretation of historic, archaeological or palaeontological resources.
- Projects that encourage public involvement in heritage preservation issues and promote knowledge about Alberta's history such as the organization and presentation of local or provincial workshops, seminars, conferences or lectures.
- Costs associated with cultural protocol such as gifting to Elders and knowledge keepers and organizing sharing circles will be considered at standard Government of Alberta rates.
GrantWatch ID#: 175357
Heritage Awareness grants provide matching grants of up to $15,000.
Grant recipients have three years from the date of grant notification, to claim their grant and complete the project. Grants that are not claimed within this three-year period will be de-committed and the file will be closed.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Carina Naranjilla, Program Coordinator
Drop off, mail, or send applications by courier to:
Alberta Historical Resources Foundation
Old St. Stephen’s College Building
Edmonton, Alberta T5T 5W2