Town of Gananoque
09/20/18 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $20,000 to Ontario nonprofit organizations and individuals for programs and projects that benefit the Town of Gananoque. Organizations can apply for support for a specific project or event that strengthens the community or support for organizational development. Individuals may apply for assistance with new initiatives or projects.
Community Organization Grants:
- Projects: Organizations may apply for one-time funding related to a specific project of significant benefit to the Town of Gananoque in terms of economic impact, community participation and education, and/or enhancement of the image of the Town.
- Enhancement of Organizational Effectiveness and Service: This category will assist organizations with start-up funding or provide support / development funding for: internal training programs / personal development opportunities for members e.g.- Coaching clinics, certification programs, skills and techniques workshops, etc.; equipment needs e.g: Training equipment, program equipment; travel for members who qualify to participate in provincial, national, or international activities relating to the work of the organization; expansion of an organization's services
- Community Event: This category provides funding for organizations planning to host events open to the Gananoque community (e.g. festivals, concerts, tournaments, conferences, workshops, etc.). The event should either be educational, celebratory (provincial championship, etc.), or provide an activity that would not occur in Gananoque without the applicant providing it.
Grants to Individuals: An individual may apply for funding to assist with the development of a new initiative, project, or community event.
Travel Support Grants: Individuals may apply for funding to assist with travel costs associated with their qualification at a provincial, national, or international activity.
GrantWatch ID#: 175533
The suggested maximum grant guideline for 2018 is $20,000.
The Granting Committee will not normally approve multi-year grants. Grants must be used within one year (365 days) from receipt of funding.
To apply, the applicant must be one of the following:
- A nonprofit (non-share) corporation (incorporated under the Corporations Act)
- An organized, unincorporated, nonprofit organization
- An individual (person who permanently resides in Gananoque), if the request is for an activity that cannot be brought forward by a community organization who meets the application requirements
Applicant Requirements for Community Organizations:
- Organizations must operate under the authority of a volunteer board or executive committee (not less than 5 members).
- Organizations must hold an annual general meeting, at which the board of directors or executive committee is elected from the general membership through a democratic election process.
- Organizations must have a minimum of 75% of its membership or registrants comprised of Gananoque residents / ratepayers UNLESS there are insufficient residents to form a local organization and the addition of non-residents will enable Gananoque residents / ratepayers to participate in an otherwise unavailable activity.
- An official grant application must be completed and submitted to the Community Grants Program, c/o Gananoque Town Hall, prior to the program deadlines.
- Organizations must provide financial statements for the previous 2 years.
- Organizations must provide an operating budget specifically outlining within it how grant dollars will be allocated. Within 60 days after the event or project is complete, the organization needs to report back to the Committee.
- Grants must be used within one year (365 days) from receipt of funding, unless a specific exception has been approved by the Granting Committee at time of funding approval.
The following activities will not be eligible for funding:
- Flow through funding (where the intent is to redistribute funds to others)
- Religious or political activities
- Debt retirement, depreciation, retroactive or deficit funding
- Universities, Colleges, Schools, or Hospitals
- Invitational or discretionary travel
Funding will not be provided for permanent staff positions.
Application Deadlines – 4 per year
- Round 1 - 4pm, Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Round 2 - 4pm, Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Round 3 - 4pm, Thursday, August 9, 2018
- Round 4 - 4pm, Thursday, September 20, 2018
Proposed Committee Review Dates
- Round 1 - Week of February 26, 2018
- Round 2 - Week of April 23, 2018
- Round 3 - Week of August 20, 2018
- Round 4 - Week of October 1, 2018
Earliest Recommendation to Council
- Round 1 - Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Round 2 - Tuesday, April 30, 2018
- Round 3 - Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Round 4 - Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Please note that the application deadlines will not change, however the Committee review and recommendation to Council of any application may require more assessment time than provided. A decision by Council not to fund at the level requested may be appealed to the Council by the applicant not later than 30 days from the date of notification of the decision of the Council to the applicant.
The applicant, if the applicant is an individual, must indicate why an organization cannot submit the application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Foundation:
Town of Gananoque
30 King Street East
Online contact form: https://www.gananoque.ca/contact
The Corporation of the Town of Gananoque
30 King Street East
P.O. Box 100
Hours of business:
8:30 am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Town of Gananoque