Foundation / Corporation
Northwest Marine Trade Association (NMTA)
10/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia nonprofit boating organizations and for-profit entities for activities that promote boating throughout the Northwest region. Funding is available for programs that encourage youth participation, introduce boating to new participants, and promote safety and education.
The overall goal of these grants is to increase the number of boaters in the Northwest and to encourage boaters to boat more often.
Applications must fall into one of the following categories:
- Youth Boating Grant: Awarded to a group or organization seeking funding support for an event or program aimed specifically at getting or increasing youth participation in boating activities.
- Discover Boating Grant: Awarded to a group or organization seeking funding support for an event or program aimed specifically at introducing new people to boating.
- Boater Education / Safety Grant: Awarded to a group or organization seeking funding support for an event or program aimed specifically at educating new or current boaters on how to be safe on the water.
Programs/events can be targeted towards:
- Power boat education
- Pulled/Power boat sports
- New audiences
Types of Projects Funded include:
- Scholarships for programs
- Outreach to non-traditional boating populations
- Free on-water events
- Programs with an entry level focus
- Reduce cost of boating education
GrantWatch ID#: 177396
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online:
For questions contact:
Mark Yuasa, NMTA Director of Grow Boating Programs
Northwest Marine Trade Association
1900 N Northlake Way, #233
Seattle, WA 98103
USA: Idaho; Oregon; Washington
Canada: British Columbia