Yukon Department of Tourism and Culture
12/15/19 4:30 PM PST Receipt or Postmarked by Date
Grants to Yukon nonprofits, government agencies, community organizations, artist collectives, government agencies, school councils, industry associations, and local councils for group projects that promote arts development. Funding may be requested for a broad range of projects, such as training, festival development, and event and performance production.
The objectives of Arts Fund are:
- To offer funding assistance to group projects that are arts-focussed
- To foster the creative development of the arts in the Yukon
- To support the principles of the Yukon Arts Policy
For more details about Yukon Policy see: http://www.tc.gov.yk.ca/yukonartspolicy.html
The intended results and outcomes of the Arts Fund are to encourage activities of communities, arts collectives, non-profit groups, and First Nations in the performing, literary, and visual arts. Arts Fund projects encourage participation in and an appreciation of the arts, engage wide public participation, develop young, emerging and advanced artists, and animate Yukon communities and events.
Eligible costs include:
- Artistic fees and expenses except as noted in limitations
- Administration fees and expenses except as noted in limitations (any administrative expenses included in the project budget should be clearly itemized, not added as a percentage of project costs).
- Production expenses
- Other costs that are directly and reasonably related to the project
- Consideration will only be given to expenses directly related to the project.
GrantWatch ID#: 178090
Arts Fund typically funds 50-70 projects per year.
Grants will not support ongoing, multi-year costs that will result from the project.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit all applications to:
Arts Advisor, Arts Section
Department of Tourism and Culture
In person: #100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse (Visitor Information Centre)
Mail: Arts Fund, Box 2703 (L-3), Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Phone: Toll-free: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3535 or ext. 8789
In Whitehorse: 667-3535 or 667-8789