City of Whitehorse
10/15/19 4:30 PM - for Major Grants; Minor Grants may be submitted throughout the year.
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants starting at $1,000 to Whitehorse, Yukon schools, registered societies, and local businesses for environmental projects and initiatives that benefit local residents. Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate some or all of the following elements:
(1) The project or event is located within the City of Whitehorse;
(2) The project or event is identified as a priority under the Whitehorse Sustainability Plan and other strategic documents;
(3) The project or event is of environmental benefit to the City and its residents;
(4) The project or event does not duplicate existing programs in the public or private sector;
(5) The project or event demonstrates partnership in the community;
(6) The project or event demonstrates environmental leadership.
Applications whose projects meet the following requirements will be considered for funding:
(1) The project contributes to the goals of the Whitehorse Sustainability Plan as amended from time to time;
(2) The majority of project beneficiaries or participants reside in the City of Whitehorse;
(3) The project will take place within the City of Whitehorse accessible the public; and
(4) The project does not duplicate programs in the public or private sector
Eligible Expenses shall be directly related to the project and may include:
(1) Equipment and supplies required to complete the project (rental/purchase);
(2) Human resources, except those listed under section 9.1.7. Honoraria may be reimbursed to a maximum of $175.00 per day;
(3) Printing (brochures, educational material, etc.);
(4) Project advertising (radio, newspaper, signage, banners, etc.);
(5) Facility rental fees for special events; and
(6) Airfare, accommodation and meal costs for instructors and presenters in Whitehorse:
(a) Meal costs to a maximum of $64.00 per person per day;
(b) Airfare to a maximum of $500 per person.
GrantWatch ID#: 181537
-Major Grants: $1,000 or more
-Minor Grants: Under $1,000
Recipients must return to the City any unused funds within two calendar months of the Accountability Statement and Final Report deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: (867) 668-8652
Office Location: 4210 Fourth Avenue, Whitehorse, second floor
City of Whitehorse