Foundation / Corporation
President’s Choice Children’s Charity (PCCC)
Grants of up to $2,000 to Canada PreK-12 schools to enhance school meal programs throughout the country. Funding is intended to assist schools that operate existing meal programs, in providing a range of tasty, high quality meals with increased nutritional value. Grants must be used to purchase the equipment necessary for food preparation and/or safe food handing.
The School Nutrition Grant is intended to supplement the funding of existing programs, allowing for higher quality, more sustainable programming. The purpose of these grants is to empower communities to offer school-based nutrition programs for students, thereby helping children and youth reach their full potential.
GrantWatch ID#: 181659
Eligible schools can apply for the cost of small appliances or a single large appliance annually, up to $2,000.
In order to receive a School Nutrition Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a publicly funded school for children and/or youth between junior kindergarten and the last year of high school.
- Operate a meal program in the school at least four days per week; 30 weeks per year.
- Meals must include at least 1 serving of each the 3 food groups, based on the new version of Canada’s Food Guide and/or Canada’s Food Guide for First Nations, Inuit and Métis and adhere to all school, district/division board and/or provincial nutrition policy (where applicable).
- Deliver a universally available, non-stigmatizing program to all students regardless of ability to pay.
- Have diverse funding sources with government, community and family support to maximize program stability.
The application period for the 2019-20 School Nutrition Grant runs from April 1 to May 31.
In order to receive a PCCC School Nutrition Equipment Grant, schools must meet the following criteria:
- Must not have received a PCCC School Nutrition Equipment Grant in the same calendar year
- Be a current PCCC School Nutrition Base Grant recipient
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://grantstream.com/LCL/form/Equipment/en/
President's Choice Children's Charity
1 President's Choice Circle
Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon