Ontario Arts Council (OAC)
10/16/19 1:00 PM ET
Grants of up to $10,000 to Ontario professional artists and arts professionals who are deaf or have a disability, as well as nonprofit arts organizations and ad hoc groups and collectives, to support artistic works and initiatives. Funding is intended for professional development and for the creation and production of works related to all traditional and contemporary art practices supported at OAC. The three funding categories are creation, production, and professional development.
Creation: Research and development, exploration and experimentation, and creation of new work:
-Eligible expenses include: Workspace/equipment rental, research materials, artist’s fees, transportation and travel, accommodation, meal allowances, purchase of small-scale equipment, software, electronics and similar materials required to carry out the project
-Production expenses are ineligible unless the production element(s) is essential to the development of the work being created.
Production: the creation and/or production art works (e.g., music composition, visual art, craft, media art, theater, dance, multi and inter-arts piece). Eligible expenses include:
- Artistic, production, venue, marketing/publicity/promotion and administrative costs; work space/equipment rental; research materials; artist fees; transportation and travel; accommodation; and meal allowances, purchase of small-scale equipment, software, electronics and similar materials required to carry out the project
-Productions must take place in Ontario.
Professional development: Study/training, mentorship, internship, documentation of art work. Eligible activities include:
- Study and training: to cover the cost of arts professionals’ attendance at conferences, master classes and workshops or training courses
- Mentorship: to cover the cost of developmental relationships between arts professionals and mentors
- Internship and apprenticeship: to cover the cost of arts professionals working in temporary positions that emphasize on-the-job training. The applicant must initiate the internship/apprenticeship, and it cannot replace a current position at the group/arts organization
- Documentation of art work: to cover the costs of professional preparation of materials that document an arts professionals’ skills, training and abilities
- Professional development activity can include study/training, mentorship, internship/apprenticeship and/or documentation of art work in one application.
GrantWatch ID#: 165448
-Creation: Maximum $10,000
-Production: Maximum $10,000
-Professional development: Maximum $10,000
Applicants who are deaf or have a disability may receive up to $500 in a year to cover the costs of assistance from service providers.
The activities for which you are requesting funding cannot start before you receive your grant results, and must be completed no more than two years after you receive the grant results.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online through Nova: https://grants.arts.on.ca/s_Login.jsp
Habibah Haque, Program Administrator
416-961-1660 ext. 5081
1-800-387-0058 ext. 5081 (toll free in Ontario)
Information Services Coordinator: email@example.com