Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Ontario, Quebec, and USA nonprofits, schools, colleges, universities, and government entities in eligible states for services that have a significant and discernible impact on their local communities. Funding is intended to to support regional and local organizations that serve the needs of communities in which CSX operates and where its employees live and work.
Eligible organizations serve the following locations:
Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Quebec, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia.
GrantWatch ID#: 184772
To apply for a grant, an organization must qualify under one of the following charitable criteria:
- It qualifies by possessing tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as listed in the IRS Master File of organizations conducting activities in the United States.
- It qualifies as a state, county or municipal government entity, including law enforcement and fire rescue departments, and seeks funding to serve the needs of the community at large.
- It qualifies as a pre-K–12 school, charter school, community/junior college, or college/university.
Grants do not support the following:
- Telephone/mail solicitations (U.S. mail and email)
- Organizations outside the funding source service network
- Religious organizations not registered with the IRS
- Organizations that discriminate (based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations
- Limited constituency organizations/clubs
- Individuals, conferences, travel
- Anti-business groups or controversial organizations
The online application for Grants is open from Jan. 1 through Dec. 15 each year. Every effort will be made to respond to applications within 30–45 days. Remaining applications are automatically closed after 90 days.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=4902&x_quiz_id=5856&x_order_by=1
CSX Corporate Headquarters
500 Water Street, 15th Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32202
USA: Alabama; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Illinois; Indiana; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Mississippi; New Jersey; New York City; New York; North Carolina; Ohio; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Tennessee; Virginia; Washington, DC; West Virginia
Canada: Ontario Quebec